Are there any details about your smile that you would like to change? Dental stains, chipped teeth, and crooked teeth are all common problems that could dampen your confidence and even make you appear older than you really are. Cosmetic dentistry may be able to help! Still, you may be holding back from talking to Dr. Bryce about your goals because you are not sure if cosmetic dentistry is right for you. Let’s talk about some indicators that yes, it is a fit for your circumstances.
You Dislike the Way Your Teeth Look
Cosmetic dentistry can address a broad range of flaws in teeth, from minor imperfections to highly noticeable issues. Examples of issues it can fix include:
- Stained teeth. Professional whitening or porcelain veneers are often able to correct the appearance of yellow or otherwise discolored teeth.
- Chipped teeth. Porcelain veneers and dental bonding are the best ways to disguise chipped and misshapen teeth.
- Crooked teeth. For some cases of misalignment, an orthodontic treatment (such as ClearCorrect) is necessary. However, if your misalignment is minor, instant orthodontics may be able to help.
After Dr. Bryce has a chance to examine your teeth and learn about your goals, he will recommend the specific treatments that he believes are the best fit for you.
You Are in Fair Oral Health
Some cosmetic treatments, such as porcelain veneers and teeth whitening, are best suited for patients whose oral health is already sound. If you are suffering from gum disease, cavities, or other problems that affect your mouth’s wellness, Dr. Bryce will aim to correct these before you undergo any treatments whose benefits are purely aesthetic.
If Dr. Bryce tells you that your mouth is not healthy enough for a certain cosmetic treatment, do not be discouraged. Many restorative treatments, such as metal-free crowns and tooth-colored fillings, have inherent aesthetic benefits. Once your smile is healthy, you can ask Dr. Bryce about putting the finishing touches on your ideal look.
You Understand the Road Ahead
Before you commit to any cosmetic treatments, you should understand the road ahead. Here are some questions you can ask Dr. Bryce when you come in for your consultation:
- How long will the treatment results last?
- What will I have to do to maintain my results?
- How much does it cost? Do you offer financing?
- What will I feel during my procedure? Do you offer sedation for nervous patients?
- Can I preview my results?
Are you wondering if cosmetic dentistry is right for you? A consultation with Dr. Bryce can help you to answer that question and get on the road to your ideal smile.
About the Author
Dr. Robert Bryce is an experienced cosmetic dentist. As a Master of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies and a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, he has demonstrated professional excellence in various facets of aesthetic and restorative dentistry. If you would like to speak to him about improving thee appearance of your smile, contact our team at 571-434-8000.