If the thought of someone working on your teeth makes you a little anxious, you’re in good company. According to one estimate, roughly 60 percent of people experience some level of fear when they visit the dentist. However, your reluctance to go to the dentist doesn’t mean you won’t ever develop cavities, and it doesn’t make you exempt from the need for routine checkups. What can you do to conquer your dental anxiety? Various techniques and treatments are available to help you relax, including NuCalm. Let’s talk about this innovative system that can take the edge off your fear and make your next dental appointment a little easier.
The NuCalm Story
NuCalm was originally formulated to help people who suffer from PTSD and individuals who are battling addictive disease. Since its inception, its use has extended into many other areas of the medical world, including dentistry, oncology, chiropractic, and corporate wellness. It is the only patented, clinically prove, drug-free method for quickly helping both the mind and body to relax.
The system is based on an intimate understand of the brain’s fight or flight response. It mimics the communication pathways that the brain uses as it prepares your body to fall sleep, thereby keeping your natural stress responses in-check.
The NuCalm System
NuCalm is an all-natural relaxation therapy that involves a combination of four elements:
- A calming supplement, applied in the form of a topical cream or chewable tablets, delivers essential nutrients and amino acids to the body. They work together to counteract adrenaline.
- Microcurrent stimulation helps to activate the calming supplement. It disrupts the brain’s stress response and balances its neurochemistry.
- Neuroacoustic software encourages your brain to go into its relaxation mode. The science behind the software is complex, but it boils down to the fact that the human brain tends to relax in response to certain sound patterns.
- A light-blocking eye mask helps you remove yourself from the outside world and focus on staying calm and collected.
The Benefits of NuCalm
Although sedation dentistry is necessary for some patients to get through their appointments, others find that NuCalm is a preferable alternative to drugs. Some of the advantages it offers include:
- Since NuCalm is drug-free, you won’t have to worry about being groggy for an extended period of time following your appointment. You may even feel more energized after your NuCalm experience than you were before it.
- You’ll be able to safely drive yourself home.
- Many patients note that they sleep remarkably well the night after they’ve used NuCalm therapy.
Would you like to discover if NuCalm can help you conquer your dental anxiety? Ask your local oral health professional if they offer this remarkable therapy.
About the Author
Dr. Robert Bryce is an experienced general, cosmetic, and restorative dentist. He truly cares about the comfort of his patients, which is why he offers both NuCalm and oral conscious sedation. To learn more about how our team can make your next appointment a relaxing experience, contact our office at 571-434-8000.